The beginning of this week marked the beginning of another six weeks of winter, at least according to the furry forecaster, Punxsutawney Phil. The famous groundhog saw his shadow, which according to tradition predicts an addition month and a half of winter weather. Though the weather outside may remain a bit frightful for the time being, this extra stretch of winter does give you the opportunity to start thinking about the tree services you will need for spring. Follow this checklist from Porter to ensure your yard is ready for when warm weather (eventually!) hits.
Top Tree Services to Have Completed By Springtime
- After a rough and, as we’ve seen, long winter, trees will need a bit of extra TLC. One must-have tree service is the removal of dead and damaged foliage that developed due to the cold. Clearing this away will give your trees a fresh start!
- If you have fruit trees growing in your yard, know that early spring is the best time to have them pruned. Tree service professionals should prune these trees to ensure they stay healthy and productive throughout the main part of the growing season.
- Have your trees examined for diseases or blights of any kind. Before peak growth season, you can have sick trees removed and replaced with young, healthy trees that will beautify your yard.
- Another pre-spring tree service you should look into is having your trees pre-treated to keep away pests. Injections of special chemicals deter insects and keep trees flourishing all spring long.
- In early spring, you can have your trees fertilized. Fertilizers can boost growth and help trees maintain healthy foliage.
Are you in need of tree services to prepare your yard for spring? Get in touch with the tree service experts from Porter today!
Porter Tree Services
Want to find out more about Porter Tree Services? Keep checking in with our blog, and be sure to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest for all the latest news!
If you are in need of tree services in Baltimore, Perry Hall, Fallston, Monkton, Timonium, Parkton, Kingsville, Bel Air, Reisterstown, or Nottingham, Porter Tree Services is here to help! From emergency tree removal to fertilization and treatment plans, our licensed tree experts will help you with whatever problems that have taken root!